Refund Policies and Trip Cancellation and Interruption
Vacation properties are often booked many months in advance and the property will be held for your use during your trip. When the property is being held for you, it obviously cannot be rented to someone else.
Therefore, like cruise, tour packages and airline tickets, when booking/reserving a vacation rental home, you will usually need to make a full or partial payment upfront in order to hold the property.
Normally this is not a problem, BUT if you have to cancel your trip (especially at the last minute), you should know that you may forfeit a portion or all of your rental fees.
There are ways to protect yourself however -
FIRST: Make sure you know what the cancellation policies are for the property you are renting.
SECOND: Consider purchasing private holiday / vacation Insurance for added protection.
Q - If you have to cancel your vacation rental trip, are you eligible for a refund?
A - It depends on the cancellation/refund policy of the property that you are renting and how much notice you are able to give. Usually the more notice that you are able to give, the better chance that the property can be re-rented and the more likely that you will be able to secure a partial or a complete refund. Some properties may allow you to transfer your vacation to another time period. We recommend that you find out about the cancellation/refund policy before you rent and ask for the policy in writing when you reserve the property.
For additional protection, we recommend that you purchase Insurance. Most people are not aware that this insurance is available for your vacation rental trip but it is available thru companies such as http://www.travelguard.ca/trip-cancellation_2011_330737.html
Q - What are some covered reasons for Trip Cancellation/Interruption?
There are many different types of trip insurance available, but Trip Cancellation and Interruption protection is the most important benefit you should look for. If your trip has to be cancelled for covered reasons such as illness, accident, death of a family member or traveling companion, jury duty, weather conditions which cause delay/ cancellation of travel or fire or flood in your home, this coverage protects your investment and will reimburse the normally non-refundable payments you make for your vacation rental, airline tickets and other covered travel related fees.
If you miss your planned departure for a covered reason, you may also be covered for additional travel expenses to reach your destination. If you have to interrupt a trip due to a covered illness, this insurance will cover your transportation home.
Note: Coverage varies with different insurance companies - please review your policy details and know what is and is not covered for your policy. Each vacation rental property owner/manager sets their own cancellation/refund policy - please make sure you understand the policy before you rent.
Fees & Charges
Cancellation of your vacation for any of the reasons covered in the policy relate solely to the funds used to purchase your vacation. Fee’s paid such as the ‘guest fee’ or credit card charges are not refundable
Reservations are not considered "guaranteed" until a signed rental lease agreement and payment of 20 % of the total rental fee including tax, plus 100 % of processing fees, or any additional items, are received by Agent at the appropriate office. Reservations booked 30 days or less prior to arrival date will require payment in full on reservation date. The remainder is due no less than 30 days prior to arrival date to secure the rental property. (If you would like the payment to be charged to any other credit card, other than the one on file then it is the guest responsibility to call or send in the payment prior 30 days). Brio House Whistler Blackcomb Management will automatically charge the credit card on file if no other arrangements are made by guest prior to the 30 days. If payment in full is not received by Brio House Whistler Blackcomb Management 30 days or more prior to guest arrival, your reservation may be subject to cancellation without refund
Accepted Forms of Payment-
MasterCard, Visa, Discover, PayPal may be accepted 30 days or more prior to arrival.
- Cancellations- Cancellations are subject to a minimum of 30 days notice in writing to the agent for a full refund minus any processing fees as detailed in the full guest quote. Cancellations of less than 30 days but more than 14 days will be subject receive 50% refund of total rent paid, less any processing / banking fees incurred by BHWB in the course of the rental.
- Cancellations of less than 14 days will forfeit the entire rent paid for the period of rental.
- Security Deposit - A Security/Damage deposit of $500 is required at check-in, and must be credit card or cash! No checks accepted! This security deposit will be returned within 3 days of the departure date, provided proper check-out procedures are followed, and there is no breakage or damage to the premises.
- Confirmation of reservation(s) - Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation advance payment (see para 1). Guest(s) will receive their copy of this agreement via Docusign to be signed digitally by both guest and agent. Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of adults and/or children and accommodations. Any errors must be addressed to the agent immediately.
- Refund Policy - Agent(s) cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, Hot Tubs, TVs, Satellite Receivers, VCRs, or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office immediately. Agent will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment. No refunds for early departures (less days than reserved) ~ No refunds will be given for delayed arrival ~ No refunds for reducing the number of nights reserved ~
- Acts of God - Neither Owner nor Agent shall be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.